About The ADVANCED Team, Inc.
We Differentiate Ourselves Through Our People, Our Knowledge and Our Process.
We are specialists with over 150 years of combined experience. We have worked with both large and small corporations in a wide variety of industries. We are certified in Vibration Analysis and Machinery Geometric Alignment, are members of The International Maintenance Institute, The Vibration Institute, are published in trade publications, and are frequent presenters at various manufacturing associations, trade shows and symposiums.
Driven by the continuous challenges of solving process problems, our service team is constantly striving to develop new and innovative technological solutions. We have developed new methods of measurement that relate to actual machine running conditions. We have developed new fixtures that allow us to gather data with more accuracy and/or more reliability.
Our team members are experts at solving problems. They are not afraid to think “outside of the box”. Their knowledge and experience allows them to draw from many different industries and processes for answers. Our assignments have taken us to off-shore oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico, gold mines in Alaska, turbine generators in Saudi Arabia, and converting facilities, steel mills and power generation plants across the world. We have also worked with a number of research and pilot facilities i.e. NASA, Rolls Royce, Clemson University and University of Virginia.
Our Mission is to solve Your Problems Before They Affect Your Profits!
We know that we must provide value to our customers. We realize that data measurement and reporting our observations are not enough. A problem remains a problem until corrective action is taken.
Therefore, we combine Machine Reliability Programs (Predictive Maintenance or PdM) with Corrective Services:
- We design and implement programs to monitor critical equipment.
- We continuously analyze performance.
- When we see a potential problem we determine the root-cause and we take action: we help correct deviations before they affect the integrity of the process.
- If we do our jobs well, our customers sleep soundly!
We Deliver Results!
- Increased Equipment Life.
- Decreased Maintenance Costs.
- Decreased Waste: material, labor and energy.
- Improved Quality.
- Improved Customer Satisfaction.
- Increased Capacity Utilization, Lower Capital Investment and Improved ROI.
- Increased Management Time to be invested in Opportunities.
Our customers will invest in our services in good times or bad. Their payback is typically less than 30 days through the reduction of waste, defects and costly emergency maintenance. It is always the right time to improve profits and customer satisfaction.
The Importance of Our Predictive Maintenance Program (PdM):
Past studies have estimated that a Predictive Maintenance Program can provide a savings of 8% to 12%. If a facility currently relies on a reactive maintenance approach savings opportunities of 30% to 40% could be realized. The following industrial average savings have resulted from initiation of a predictive maintenance program:
- Return on investment: 10 times
- Reduction in maintenance costs: 25% to 30%
- Elimination of breakdowns: 70% to 75%
- Reduction in downtime: 35% to 45%
- Increase in production: 20% to 25%
- The Importance of Our Corrective Services:
Every system and component needs to be aligned regularly to function properly. Normal wear and tear, vibration, metal fatigue, temperature and humidity changes, accidents and many other conditions can cause misalignment. Lasers are the most reliable way to detect and fix these problems, and are a powerful tool for checking the flatness (level), straightness, squareness and parallelism of any kind of machine or application.
The overwhelming majority of defects in continuous, semi-continuous and high-rotational process/equipment are caused by poor alignment.
We Use Laser Technology Because It Provides Maximum Value:
- Highest Accuracy: Laser Alignment is the most accurate technology- 0.5 micron resolution and plane flatness of 0.0000155”/ft or 0.001 mm/M.
- Precise, computer generated readouts eliminate human error.
- Greater precision results in tighter tolerances that extends the overall life of the process equipment and reduces production failures.
- Laser alignment is fast: measurement time is reduced greatly.
Our Customers Know the Value of Our Programs and Services
- “Condition monitoring as part of a predictive maintenance process, is in my professional opinion, an asset to any business that cultivates a continuous improvement ideology releasing tremendous untapped asset utilization, capacity, quality and ultimate profitability. These are the items of interest that we are measured by today and using solid professional people in the upfront planning for given equipment is value added.”
- “Paper is the most expensive part of any printing operation, reducing paper used in the production process allows us to remain competitive,”
- “Alignment will pay for itself in less than 30 days. Consider barrel and screw maintenance as an investment into the future longevity of production equipment. Bore misalignment is a major cause of premature wear of extrusion feed-screws and barrels.”
- With the very first laser alignment, a Power Company was able to increase the efficiency of its turbines significantly. Before laser alignment, the turbine rotor took 10 minutes to stop rotating after shut down but after laser alignment it took 34 minutes! They are confident that the alignment paid for itself in the first month of operation.